I think that overall i did well with this project. I did some through testing of designs, but maybe could have dome more on different fruit. I also think that the process of transferring from drawings to layers for printing was well thought out and clear. I knew what i was doing along the way. But i felt i got too caught up on adding text and i wasted time by testing layouts and fonts. Thankfully i was told by tutors and peers that it would be better without text which saved me time, allowing me to focus on packaging. I found in my opinion an effective way of presenting and packaging my posters in plastic sleeve, which allowed the public easy viewing of the posters without having to remove a band. It also meant it wouldn't get dirty and i could put stickers onto it. The pricing labels and stickers on the packaging were not good enough. I was rushed, but that doesn't excuse my lack of judgement. My choice of colour and font wasn't related to the product and didn't fit in. Next time i will make sure that i'll make time to test different fonts and colours, so that its as clear as possible for the public. Overall the prints came out really well, i made more than i thought and they were of a good standard. I think thats why i sold so many on the sales day. Good quality, hand made products seem desirable and i'm glad they did well. I had some really positive feedback from the public and tutors, and even sold some to other students and tutors. My time management could have been better, i wasted time on unnecessary things but it worked out fine in the end. Next time i need to make sure i don't waste time doing pointless things, and make sure my time is used effectively and efficiently.
The weekend was spent making the stencils, developing and researching. I decided that it would look best with the plants having stalks and a leaf to make it more clear. But that also meant that i had to have another layer. When printing i had issues with over flooding the screen which caused some prints after, to have defects. Which others said they liked and made them seem unique. I'm very happy how the prints turned out. They are nice, bold and easily recognizable which will be good for when i sell them. Overall the prints came out well. the colours were good, a few mistakes but i feel it adds variety to the prints.
choosing not to put writing onto the prints was a good choice. I feel that it would have ruined the prints and wouldn't be as attractive to buy. It also allowed me to have time on how i wanted to package and making stickers. I chose to go with plastic sleeves because it made them easy to view, and means they wont get dirty when handled by the public. I also think it made them look more professional and it also meant i could put stickers such as the statistic. I chose the colours black and red as they stand out. I used the same type face for the signs and text. Unfortunately i wasn't able to make business cards to hand to the public. The sale went well, i made £40 and got some nice feedback. A lot of people liked them a lot but some, at the start complained they were too expensive. I then reduced the price to 3:50 which seemed more reasonable. In future i would allow more time for business cards and bigger stickers. I only had one sheet of sticker paper which meant i didn't have many fruit to give out. Overall it went well. I like my final products, had some positive feedback and had a good time looking at the work of others.