Week 4

Details

Evaluation

Overall i think the content of my zine was well though out and the whole idea and meaning behind it was clear. I think my extensive testing of different ways of censoring allowed me to chose the most effective way to censor. But i do feel that some things were really lacking, such as cover, binding and material. My initial cover was made using a stencil, this didn't look that good and i really wanted to use a stamp but was unable to find one. This was why i made on from lino. Unfortunately the paint i used was blotchy, though i do think it was an improvement it wasn't as refined as i wanted. But because of poor time management i wasn't able to do this for all of them and had only one with a good cover. I think my aim to keep it feeling authentic may have been my downfall. The binding method wasn't of  of quality and i used normal printing paper as i wanted it to feel like a real document. I was very happy with how the pages looked and the content of them. But the cover and binding are the only things i feel could have done better with some changes. I initially wanted to use Indian ties but was unable to find any. I feel that these could have work quite well and would maybe have made the zine easier to read. Given more time i would have tested binding further and worked more on making the cover look authentic. I had some good feedback from peers such as 'it was a little hard to read the pages' and that they thought the pages were cool and interesting, they liked the texture on the black and felt it made it seem like a real document. Overall I am happy with the choices i made, i could have wasted a little less time on testing scanning but at the time it felt like the most important part. The cover needs refining and the binding was something i should have tested with more. Otherwise i feel it worked out well and i had some positive feedback. 

Details
Details
Details
Details
Details
Details
Details
Details
Details
Details

Comments


    Add comment